Electricity is crucial in our lives, especially if it comes with cheap electricity bills. The air conditioner gives a good cooling effect, but if someone wants to install a ceiling fan, there’s nothing wrong with that. People find installing a fan inexpensive because it consumes less electricity. It’s good to hire a professional for the installation. This blog delves into the details of the guide steps to install a ceiling fan if an electrician is unavailable.
Read the following steps to install the ceiling fan doing DIY.
- Firstly, make sure that the power is turned off. Then, uninstall the previous fan if there’s one.
- Replace the plastic electrical box and fix a metal one. Install an expandable mounting bracted if the box is not strongly attached to the ceiling.
- Using the screws to secure the mounting bracket with the ceiling.
- To install a fan, you must fix the rods’ wires.
- Secure the cables on the down rod with the help of the connector or cotter pin.
- Assemble the mounted unit on the mounting bracket in the ceiling.
- Use the electrician’s tape and connector to connect all the wires in the ceiling box and assemble them. Also, include the white neutral wires and green ground wires.
- Put the assembled wires in the electrical box and attach the canopy with the help of screws.
- Install the motor carefully and then connect the blades.
- To join the blades, read the instructions carefully on the page provided in the fan box.
- Turn on the power back and examine the working of the fan. If there’s no problem, then congratulations, your ceiling fan is good to go!
What Should I Do if I Cannot Install The Ceiling Fan
You’re living in Sydney and worrying about how to install a ceiling fan. Consult an electrician to book an appointment to install the ceiling fan. The electricians are highly skilled and have undergone proper training. Thus, you can easily hire one of them.
A ceiling fan is the source of a cool and pleasant breeze, especially in Summer. It helps extract the warm air to ensure that cool air flows inside. They are much cheaper than air conditioners. Ceiling fans benefit those who have muscle issues and cannot sit under the cooling effect of an air conditioner for a long duration. You should install a ceiling fan to enjoy this cool yet inexpensive air. Contact a leading Sydney electrical company Sparks Plus if you need any guidance or service.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there different types of fans available in the market?
Yes, various types of fans are available in the market—for instance, outdoor, indoor, floor, ceiling fans, etc. You can choose whatever is eye-catching for you.
Does Sparks Plus have highly skilled professionals?
What should I do to balance a wobbling ceiling fan?
To balance a wobbling ceiling fan, consult your licensed electrician and have the problem fixed as soon as possible.
Is it illegal to hire a non-licensed electrician?
A non-licensed electrician needs to have proven data on his skills and training. The Australian government has strict rules and regulations for those who pretend to be certified professionals.